2011-04-18

Introducing R&T Computers

Hi. (Updated 8-12-2011)
I have been working with computers since the days of the Commodore 64. When it comes to working for someone else, I am not that good. I've had more traditional jobs in my life then I care to think about. Well, that leads me to December 15, 1992. That is the day R&T Computers was born.

Over the years the shop has been in The Giant Public Market, The Saginaw Trade Center, a large building in the down town area, a small commercial building just inside Bridgeport Michigan and now, with the economy being so bad, have setup the shop in a mobile home trailer in the Saginaw Villas Mobile Home Community.

In the almost 13 years, I have learned so much and seen so much but the learning will never end. Over the last few years, we started making an automated install system using simple batch coding and MySQL database servers. Making web pages has been fun to learn too (although I am not that good at making it look good). In the last couple years, the incredible amount of virus, spy where, add where, and what ever other name you want to call it, is just mind blowing. How can any Microsoft computer ever stop it?


Just in the last year we started using Google+, Facebook, Twitter, and many other social networks. We even serve our own website. We work hard at keeping our great clients happy. I personally have been known to put in 48 hours strait, trying to solve a problem for a client, boy was that a long day, LOL.

One of my big things is to always be looking for the latest bug and broadcasting it to as many people as I possible can, just so that I can help keep the people that use Microsoft from having to come see me. Is that backwards business? I don't know but I do know that the more Windows I install, the more I hope that the world will wake up to the fact that there is more then just Microsoft.

Anyway, enough ramblings. If there is anything we can do to help you, give us a yell.

No comments:

Post a Comment